Thursday, September 4, 2008

Win or Perish




Quotes sourced from Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill


"Edwin C. Barnes succeeded because he chose a definite goal, and placed his
energy, all his willpower and all his efforts into achieving that goal." N.H.


"He was content to start in the most menial work, as long as it provided an opportunity to take even one step towards his cherished goal." N.H.


"I will burn all bridges behind me, and stake my entire future on my ability to get what I want." E.B.


Cut all sources of retreat = Win or Perish


"Wishing will not bring riches. But desiring riches with a state of mind that becomes an obsession, then planning definite ways and means to acquire riches, and backing those plans with persistence which does not recognize failure, will bring riches." N.H.




  1. How much money exactly do I desire?

  2. What am I willing to give in return for those riches?

  3. By which date do I want the money in my possession?

  4. What is my plan of action? (Start right away)

  5. Write a statement of the exact amount desired, what I'm willing to do for it, by what date I want it and how I'll achieve that goal.

  6. Read that statement twice daily aloud, once before bed and once when I awake.

I have been so inspired by this book...and I'm only to the middle of the second chapter! Goals are good, and the desire for those goals fuels us to achieve them. My goals may be lofty, but I will attain them! I'm confident that I am not only able but ultimately willing to see these goals reached.


In response to 1-6:



  1. $5,000,000

  2. Sacrifice with long hours. Use personal time to increase my abilities and strengthen my gifts. Become more outgoing to promote myself and my business. Network with associates and other business professionals unrelated and related to my field. Maintain a high level of professionalism and integrity at all times...regardless if I'm on the clock or not. Remain true to myself and my values. Give all credit to God for successes. Give back to God and bless others even when I have little.

  3. 10 years

  4. Meet the right people to get there and be willing to work from the bottom up. Education. Network. Promote.

  5. My goal is to become a successful and professional Insurance Consultant with a financial goal of $5,000,000. I am willing to sacrifice my comforts and personal time to do whatever it takes to reach my goal within the next 10 years. I will always give thanks to God for all things good and love Him above everything (even my goal). I will always love my husband, Ben. I will remain true to myself all the while fine-tuning areas of my life to reflect ultimate integrity and professionalism and education. Note to self: What steps will you take/have you taken towards these goals today?




No comments: